Join the MetaMetrics Team
Qualified candidates can apply for open positions and find out why we're one of the best places to work in the Triangle. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and a current resume. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Attn: Human Resources
1000 Park Forty Plaza Drive, Suite 120
Durham, NC 27713
Fax: 919.547.3401 Email: Resumes@Lexile.com
Summary: The Lead Researcher plans, coordinates, conducts and supports assigned activities and projects related to linking studies and additional research activities to ensure objectives are accomplished in a timely manner and meet industry standards and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities related to the two main focus areas of linking studies and additional research studies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with Program Manager and others (e.g. Director of Analytic Services) to design linking studies and analysis plans.
- Review results of linking studies to provide feedback and suggestions for additional analyses.
- Develop and edit linking and research study support materials, such as administration manuals and study overviews.
- Communicate with client as needed during linking study development process to explain technical aspects of linking study procedures and results.
- Produce technical reports documenting process and results of linking and research studies.
- Lead research projects based on client and company needs including long-term projects as well as rapid-response projects determined by specific client questions.
- Coordinate all aspects of studies, including those conducted in partnership with a client.
- Components may include design, proposal development, sample selection, test development (if needed), data collection, analysis, and write-up.
- Edit and review linking and research study materials and manage production.
- Communicate results of studies orally and in writing.
- Develop and maintain documentation for clients and provide excellent customer support.
- Develop proposals for and present sessions on The Lexile Framework for Reading, The Quantile Framework for Mathematics, and other related research at regional and national conferences.
- Develop technical and instructional documentation to communicate information about studies, products and assessments including validity and reliability studies according to Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (AERA, APA, NCME, 2014).
There are no supervisory responsibilities currently associated with this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience. Masters or Doctoral Degree (preferably in education or measurement) and two years or more project management in a research study and/or relevant experience. Experience working with or within a state agency preferred.
Communication Skills. Ability to write technical specifications and research reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff, clients, and the general public. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret relevant technical materials and procedures.
Computer Skills. Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and Office applications. Proficient in Internet navigation and search utilities. Proficient in statistical analysis software (SAS preferred). Excellent typing and word processing skills and high degree of comfort and ability for computer system and network navigation.
Working at MetaMetrics
MetaMetrics is focused on improving education for learners of all ages. We develop scientific measures of academic achievement and complementary technologies that link assessment results with real-world instruction.
For more than twenty years, our work has been increasingly recognized worldwide for its distinct value in differentiating instruction and personalizing learning.
Our products and services for reading, mathematics and writing provide unique insights about academic ability and the potential for growth, enabling students to achieve their goals at every stage of development. Lexile measures have been adopted by nearly half the states and school districts in all 50 states. The use of our mathematics and writing measures continues to grow.
MetaMetrics is dedicated to conducting its business consistent with the highest standards of business ethics. We have an obligation to our employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers, community representatives and others with whom we interact to be honest, fair and forthright in all of our business activities.
Since 1984, MetaMetrics has benefited from the skill and dedication of extraordinary people. We seek the best talent to build upon our success. In return, our employees enjoy competitive employment opportunities, practices and benefits.
In 2007 and 2008, MetaMetrics was named "Best Places to Work" by the Triangle Business Journal. We are committed to providing a work environment that fosters creativity and provides our team with the resources and support they need to succeed. We encourage collaboration by maintaining a casual work environment. We believe that a comfortable setting helps facilitate enthusiastic, communicative and harmonious teamwork. We treat our employees with respect and honesty rather than as "numbers" or "pictures on a badge."