Join the MetaMetrics Team
Qualified candidates can apply for open positions and find out why we're one of the best places to work in the Triangle. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and a current resume. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Attn: Human Resources
1000 Park Forty Plaza Drive, Suite 120
Durham, NC 27713
Fax: 919.547.3401 Email: Resumes@Lexile.com
Develop industry leading technologies which directly benefit millions of people. Our products and services improve the way people learn.
Candidates should have experience building web-based software products in a team environment. The ideal candidate will prefer utilizing open-source tools and be well versed in SCRUM methodologies. The main duties of this position are as follows:
- Participate in product design planning
- Participate in iteration and release planning
- Adhere to design, development and testing principles set by team
- Build and deliver excellent working software products to our customers
- Produce clear and thorough technical documentation
Software Engineer Qualifications include the following:
- Demonstrated competence in software engineering principles
- Demonstrated aptitude with programming and scripting languages
- Demonstrated competence with relational database design and development
- Demonstrated competence with Linux as a development and delivery platform
- Demonstrated competence with unit testing and unit test tool
- Demonstrated competence with web service development (REST, JSON and XML)
- Familiarity with one or more source control systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Quantile Research Associate
Summary: The Quantile Curriculum Specialist III leads mathematics assessment and curriculum product development, coordination, and initiatives related to the Quantile® Framework for Mathematics. Major responsibilities leading the Quantile Research and Development team in test specification development; test and item writing according to specifications; and aligning, developing, and calibrating curriculum to the Quantile® Framework for Mathematics; writing and presenting to educate about the Quantile Framework. MetaMetrics has high expectations regarding work quality and ability to work cooperatively and independently. Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Leads Quantile R&D research and evaluation efforts.
- Leads assessment construction efforts based on test specifications.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning schedules and product specifications. Coordinates with project managers to insure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Works with supervisor to communicate with clients about assessment design and implementation.
- Provides direction and coordinates Quantile R&D functions related to development of assessment products.
- Assists supervisors with proposal development including scheduling and pricing/budgets for assessment products.
- Defines product/test specifications, including item format, number of test forms, number of items, ancillary materials, use of ancillary tools, test administration logistics and environment, reporting information, and test interpretation information.
- Reviews, writes, and edits test items using provided acceptance criteria and guidelines for the Quantile Framework.
- Provides Analytical Services with subject matter expert item level data analysis using classical measurement theory and item response theory as requested for field and linking studies.
- Supervises Quantile R&D efforts, reviews alignments and conducts alignments for the Quantile Framework to curricula including but not limited to state standards.
- Calibrates Quantile resources and collaborates/reviews with other Quantile R&D staff regarding calibrations.
- Coordinates Quantile measurement functions in conjunction with other departmental functions.
- Leads website and Quantile tool QA as assigned.
- Develops research study proposals and coordinates Quantile R&D research efforts including pricing/budgets and scheduling with supervisor.
- Implements methodology in alignment with Engineering processes (e.g. Agile methodology) as Quantile website product owner.
- Leads interdepartmental communication and efforts on Quantile technology projects.
- Writes technical and instructional documentation for publication in technical reports and related research documents.
- Identifies opportunities and works with supervisor to write white papers and journal articles which relate to the Quantile Framework and current educational developments and research for publication in journals and on websites.
- Leads and reviews R&D Quantile team efforts for written work including but not limited to blogs, white papers, and journal articles.
- Uses appropriate citation and referencing according to Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing.
- Coordinates with supervisor regarding time and budgeting of Quantile R&D personnel for conference presentations.
- Identifies potential presentation opportunities.
- Prepares speaker proposals and presents at conferences.
- Coordinates Quantile R&D staff resources with Professional Development department with professional development efforts as needed, including but not limited to development of support materials and presentation.
Education and Experience. Masters degree in Psychometrics or Educational Psychology with doctoral degree strongly preferred. 3-5 years experience in large scale assessment development and/or administration. Background in mathematics instruction.
Working at MetaMetrics
MetaMetrics is focused on improving education for learners of all ages. We develop scientific measures of academic achievement and complementary technologies that link assessment results with real-world instruction.
For more than twenty years, our work has been increasingly recognized worldwide for its distinct value in differentiating instruction and personalizing learning.
Our products and services for reading, mathematics and writing provide unique insights about academic ability and the potential for growth, enabling students to achieve their goals at every stage of development. Lexile measures have been adopted by nearly half the states and school districts in all 50 states. The use of our mathematics and writing measures continues to grow.
MetaMetrics is dedicated to conducting its business consistent with the highest standards of business ethics. We have an obligation to our employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers, community representatives and others with whom we interact to be honest, fair and forthright in all of our business activities.
Since 1984, MetaMetrics has benefited from the skill and dedication of extraordinary people. We seek the best talent to build upon our success. In return, our employees enjoy competitive employment opportunities, practices and benefits.
In 2007 and 2008, MetaMetrics was named "Best Places to Work" by the Triangle Business Journal. We are committed to providing a work environment that fosters creativity and provides our team with the resources and support they need to succeed. We encourage collaboration by maintaining a casual work environment. We believe that a comfortable setting helps facilitate enthusiastic, communicative and harmonious teamwork. We treat our employees with respect and honesty rather than as "numbers" or "pictures on a badge."